The latest, and final revision of the NSL 2016 art infuses the heritage of several space and defense entities. Can you guess a few?
Lets list them out.
- The NSL font is an infusion of the NASA worm and JPL fonts into a pseudo-palindrome, a word that reads the same forwards and backwards. Did you know that HARA’s logo is based on the NASA worm? NASA retired the worm insignia in 1992.
- The rocket and flames is an homage to the NAR logo, though the colors are different.
- The rocket is a Corporal missile, a rocket developed by the Army Ordinance Missile Laboratories at Redstone Arsenal. The Corporal eventually gave way to the Sergeant project, a rocket that would work in concert with the Redstone rocket to launch America’s first artificial satellite, Explorer 1.
- The combination of the rocket and blue planet are representative of the US Space and Rocket Center logo and pays homage to Alabama’s number one tourist attraction, and HARA’s home base.
- The three stars represent the clubs hosting NSL 2016. They are from left to right HARA, MC2, and SOAR.