Cold Friday greetings folks!
The field has been inspected and appears to be passable for flying tomorrow!
The downside is this is outside our normal launch rhythm and our trailer haulers are unavailable. I can throw some pads and controllers in my car, but the rails are the main items we need help with. If you are in the Huntsville area and willing to help us get out there and fly, please contact myself or the firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you all,~A\
Today I must somberly announce that our Tripoli Prefect’s latest inspection has not gone well:
“Both fields are underwater, and according to the NWS the river won’t crest until Friday and it won’t be below flood stage until sometime Sunday.
Taking next week’s weather prospects into account, it looks like our February is washed out.For those looking for launch alternatives, (Student Launch Teams, etc…) Music City Missile club appears to still be holding a launch (with backup 22nd). Check out their website and facebook page for details http://www.mc2rocketry.com/
Thank you for your patience and understanding folks, we’ll get back in the air when we can
~Allen O, HARA President
Greetings rocket folks,
We are watching the weather closely. Over 2 inches of rain are expected in the days leading up to launch which may make field conditions unfavorable.
Stay tuned for updates.
Meeting location has been moved for December – go to the security entrance on the east side of the main USSRC building and tell the desk you are there for the HARA meeting (map showing entrance location below flyer).
We have the opportunity to hold a High-power launch on December 21 with vendor support from CS rocketry.
Since this is so close to the holidays, we’re asking that IF you are interested in attending a launch on 12/21 Please email the officers group (email@example.com)
so we can judge how much equipment we’ll need or whether to call in the waiver and request Chris’s support.
Have a good Thanksgiving folks,