Given the amount of rain projected to fall over the next 2 days (which is more than last week), the officers have decided that there is no point in preparing for a launch this Saturday – the fields will simply be too muddy. We are therefore cancelling November’s launch and are hopeful that the weather gods will be kinder to us at the December 8 launch.
Archive for Bill
After visual inspection of the fields/roads and discussion with the owner, it has been determined that they are way too muddy to support a launch tomorrow. Tomorrow’s launch is NO GO/scrubbed due to field conditions (the freeze warning isn’t helping matters either). The club is looking at rescheduling the launch to next Saturday, November 17. Please stay tuned to the website, the HARA groups.io list, or the club Facebook page for details.
While the weekend is projected to be clear and sunny, the current forecast has rain of varying amounts occurring throughout the week, up to and including Friday morning. The rain will turn the field and (more importantly) the roads muddy, and depending on the amount of rain could turn the place into a quagmire. As we have already had one car stuck in a muddy road bad enough to warrant calling for assistance, HARA will check the field conditions before noon on Friday, at which point a go/no go decision will be made for Saturday’s launch.
Please pay attention to this website or the HARA Facebook page for the launch status, which will be posted as soon as the field has been evaluated.
You can get the Powerpoint here (18 megabytes)…
Check out the HPR page for details – Gonna be great to start flying again!